Our support comes in the form of grants and loans, usually of up to £50,000 in value.
We provide good practice grants of up to £6,000 for:
- Environmental assessments
- Feasibility studies
- Dissemination of good practice
- Organisational ‘health checks’
And grants and interest-free loans of up to £50,000 to support:
- Purchases of property and land
- Conversions, renovations or refurbishments
- Energy efficiency improvements
- Items that improve the safety or enhance residents’ quality of life
Our funding process
- To make an application for a grant or loan first complete our eligibility survey, this will help to save you time and effort if your project does not fit our funding criteria.
- If you fulfil the criteria you will be asked to complete an application form. Please read this carefully and in full and ensure that you understand and answer all of the questions, this will enable us to process your application more swiftly and easily. If you have any queries please contact our Secretary [link]
- The QHT Council of Management meets five times a year to assess applications. Each application is considered individually and on its own merits and our ethos and practice is to disburse whatever funds are currently available, rather than to fix annual expenditure budgets.
- Every offer we make is tailored to meet the individual needs and circumstances of the applicants, including the terms and conditions of a loan. In some cases we will require more information and a Trustee in Touch will be appointed to discuss what is needed with you and the application will be resubmitted for assessment at a future meeting. If we cannot make you an offer we will write to you with a brief explanation.
- If we do make you an offer we will work with you through a Trustee in Touch who can help you with advice and support and will act as your primary point of contact with QHT throughout the project. As a small charity amount we offer will depend on how we believe our available funds can be of greatest help to your project. Our funding is usually given in advance of the expenditure, but in some circumstances can be given retrospectively. You are encouraged to discuss this with our secretary before submitting your application.
Our loans are interest-free and usually for a ten to twenty year period depending on the circumstances. There is an administration charge of 5% of the total loan amount, payable with the last instalment. In some cases, for loans of over £20,000, there may be a need to secure the loan against a property.
Council Of Management meetings and deadlines in 2021
24 April - we are not accepting new applications for this meeting
10 July - we are not accepting new applications for this meeting
18 September - the deadline for applications is 6 August
27 November - the deadline for applications is 15 October